Top 10 Foods for your heart health –
Yes you can reduce your heart disease or cardiovascular problems by eating these top healthy foods according to Julie Zumpano, RD, LD a dietitian of preventing cardiovascular and nutrition programming at Cleveland clinic
” There are the amazing variety of vegetables and fruits that are good for your heart” Try to eat fresh foods that come from the ground and in there natural form
Ms, Zumpano recommended “whole foods diet because it has high fiber, vitamins, and minerals”
That diet includes heart-healthy foods like that fish, vegetables, whole grain and fresh fruits, but the good news is that you can treat yourself with a glass of red wine and a piece of dark chocolate, but only sometimes,
Ms.zumpano says. she suggests these healthy foods to create meals and snacks with a healthy focus. With a few simple swaps could make a great difference for your heart health
1. Fish is very good for your health especially salmon fish, it is high in omega-3 fatty acids and full of vitamins and minerals other fishes are tuna, mackerel, herring, and trout.
2. Nuts are also very good for your heart disease, A handful of health nuts such as walnuts, almonds because of its high in omega-3 fatty acids and high in antioxidants
3. Berries are small and also healthy fruit for the heart because it contains vitamin c, fiber, vitamin k and also have antioxidants such as strawberries, blueberries, goji berries, cranberries
4. Oatmeals: oatmeal high in soluble fiber and good carbohydrates that is good for your heart
5. Flaxseeds contain fiber, phytoestrogens, and omega-3 fatty acids to boost your heart health
6. Fruits like Papaya, cantaloupes, oranges or berries are high in beta-carotene, potassium, and magnesium
7. Dark Beans, such as black or kidney beans are high in b vitamins, minerals, and fibers
8. Veggies such as carrots, red peppers, red tomatoes and sweet potatoes are good for heart health
9. Spinach is also good for your heart because of anti-inflammatory or antioxidant spinach can be used as a salad or in sandwiches.
10. Dark chocolate is also a good choice for your heart, but just be sure that it’s at least 70 percent cocoa